Endeavour Swanbourne, Sunday 22nd October 2017
Endeavour Swanbourne is a gutsy, grueling off-road endurance event that allows you to plunge into the wilds of Buckinghamshire – streams, woods, fields, haystacks, fire – for a cross-country endurance race that will push you to the limit and beyond. A test of determination spirit and camaraderie, but above all SPIRIT. Spirit is everything.
Endeavour Swanbourne is an event for all fitness levels, but you wont find it easy. From the 5km Kids Endeavour to the slightly longer 5km Adult Endeavour (min age 15 years) and the tougher 10km Adult Endeavour there is something to challenge the young and the old. From 12 year olds to rusting 80+ year old grannys, many have felt the accomplishment of running, climbing, crawling and dragging themselves round the course.
ELITE & CHALLENGE
Each event has two categories, Elite and Challenge. You can enter the “CHALLENGE Event” and take your time; if an obstacle isn’t quite your cup of tea you can shout “Shore Leave!” and scoot round it with a pledge to come back next year and attempt it….. or race the “ELITE Event”, push yourself towards victory and commit to undertaking every obstacle as it is intended to be cleared…..no Shore Leave! It is between you and your conscience to complete the Elite with honour!
Endeavour tests your strength and courage. Whether you compete as part of a team or are running as an individual, the whole event is one of team ethos, where you help your fellow competitor even if……especially if it means you have to slow down. It’s not about clocking up record breaking times – its more about doing your best, looking out for each other and spurring on your ‘mates’ – but not forgetting to have a great time whilst raising cash for our worthy charities.
And what makes ENDEAVOUR SWANBOURNE different?
The Endeavour is eccentrically British and slightly bonkers. Make no mistake, this is a tough course, but with the good humour of the nautical theme of the Fremantle family (Fremantle was one of Nelson’s ‘Band of Brothers’) who have owned the Estate for 200 years; you can expect cannon fire, nautical characters (some possibly even French) and the odd tot of rum!
Listed below are some of the “basics” regarding The Swanbourne Endeavour:-
- The price you see is the price you pay….no sneaky hidden booking fees.
- Free Car parking…no sneaky stealth fees here!
- Free Spectators…your nearest and dearest should be able to watch you and share in your glory!
- Real Toilets….no manky event style thunderboxes!
- Real Showers; if you are in the first 200 finishers they might even be warm as well, but be warned there is a limited supply of hot water so run fast.
- Real Changing rooms.
- Runners receive a finishers t-shirt and a cup of tea!
- Water stations on route for both Kids, 5km & 10km events.
- Every runner is race chip timed so that you can see where you came in the field and timing etc. this can be texted to your phone and you even have the option to have a print out on event day.
- Team Discount of 5% is automatically applied during the sign up process online.
- Please refer to this website for latest news, particularly the Joining Instructions which include greater levels of detail and can also be easily downloaded in PDF format for use on the day.
- Key/bag drop facility.
- As with all extreme challenges we strongly advise you to consult a medical practitioner before participating, especially if you are pregnant, person with disabilities, or have recently suffered an illness, injury, or impairment.
Endeavour India – Himalayas
Fancy taking your love of all things Endeavour to the next level? How about a 10 day full on Indiana Jones and Lara Croft adventure in the Indian Himalayas? Designed and delivered by the same madmen that created The Swanbourne Endeavour this is a world first; an adventure race that lives up to the name! CLICK HERE for more information or click on the logo to visit the website….your adventure of a lifetime is only a click away!
We are blessed with many local companies who embrace this spirit and sponsor The Swanbourne Endeavour. We are delighted to have the support of Freeths, Swanbourne House School, Oakman Inns and Restaurants, Robinson & Hall, Albany Carpets, Endeavour India, Central Marquee Hire and Sabotage Events for the 2016 Swanbourne Endeavour. Details of our sponsors can be found on our sponsors page.
So brace yourselves for a challenge that will put fire in your belly, a smile on your face – and cover you in mud. A challenge that promises pain, sweat, tears and, we must stress again, mud. Not just any mud either, but some of the finest slippery, sticky, foot-sucking clay in all England. If you take up the challenge, your efforts will drum up funds for several outstanding charities.